I love love Japanese cuisine but since I converted myself to a vegetarian its difficult for me to go to these restaurants (except Indian joints I guess). I have been wanting to try Katsu for a while now. So when strong cravings hit you gotta make it at home. I decided to make Katsu with Paneer. Those paneer filets dunked in hot sauce and crusted with Simple Mills Almond Crackers. Pan fried until golden brown. One word – “DELICIOUSSSSSSSS”. I also made a video if you’d like to check out. Link here.
Ingredients (serves 2-3) –
- 6 thick filets/slices of Paneer
- 1 cup Simple Mills Almond crackers with Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- Generous amount of hot sauce – I used Dragon Fruit hot sauce from Hawaii
- Oil for pan frying
- Spring onions for garnishing (optional)
- Preparation –
- Blend the crackers to form a powder. Put it all the a bowl and add Kashmiri chili powder. Stir to combine and set it aside.
- Pour the hot sauce in a plate
- Have all the ingredients lined up – paneer > hot sauce > crackers
- Time to make these
- dunk the paneer in hot sauce and coat with crackers. Repeat for all same filets and set it aside.
- Heat the non-stick pan with some oil and pan fry these on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve while hot – as is, in a broth, wrap – the options are endless 😍
- Bon Appetit 🎉
If you try this recipe, do not forget to tag #thepalatetrails on Instagram and/or leave a comment below on this blog post. Thanks for stopping by lovelies!