Beetroots are my favorite winter vegetables not only because of the organic red color it gives to recipes but also it is highly nutritious. The beetroot potato croquette recipe is super simple and a healthy snack especially after a workout. Try the recipe I am sure you will love it.
2 Medium boiled Beetroots
2 Medium boiled Potatoes
1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
1 cup crumbled cottage cheese
Bread Crumbs approximately one cup
Salt to taste
Olive oil to pan fry
2 to 3 tbsp semolina
1 tbsp Chaat Masala
2 tbsp finely chopped onions
Few sprigs of cilantro
- In a large bowl mash potatoes and beetroots. Add salt and red chili powder, mix it well to combine. Then, add bread crumbs until the mixture feels less sticky.
- Apply oil on the palms, take a portion of the soft dough and roll it with both hands to give it a round shape. Now, poke a hole in the center and put some cottage cheese in it. Roll it back to a round shape. Repeat same for rest of the dough.
- In a small bowl put the semolina. Now, lightly dab the croquette in semolina to coat on all sides.
- Heat griddle with a few tbsps of olive oil, place 4 croquettes at a time (so the temperature of the griddle doesn’t drop) and cook it on medium heat until it semolina on each side becomes light brown. Repeat the same for rest of the croquettes.
- Garnish it with onions, cilantro, and chaat masala. Serve hot.
If you try this recipe, do not forget to tag #thepalatetrails on Instagram and/or leave a comment below on this blog post 🙂
Thanks for stopping by lovelies!