I know I know what are you thinking. Authentic Sindhi Pulao doesn’t have any vegetables. But to incorporate vegetables in your diet you gotta make some changes in the original recipe.
Ingredients: Serves 2
1 small finely chopped onions
1 small potato cut into small quarters
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
2 tbsp frozen green peas
1 tbsp frozen corn
1 cup cottage cheese chunks
1 tsp clarified butter
1/2 cup basmati rice
1 cup water
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 green chili
1/2 tsp Kashmiri chili powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp Everest Kitchen King powder
Salt to taste
Fresh coriander for garnish
1. In a large deep pan heat the ghee on a medium heat and add the whole spices along with chopped onions, carrots,
bell peppers, potatoes, green peas, and corn.
2. Stir fry it for 20 minutes and then add washed rice and water.
3. Add salt, chili powder, turmeric and kitchen king masala. Stir it thoroughly.
4. Put the heat up to medium and cook for 20 minutes with the lid. Do not stir it as it will break the rice.
5. Turn the heat off and let the pulao rest. Leave it to cool slightly for and stir it with the back of the spoon to avoid breaking the rice.
6. Serve with fresh coriander and greek yogurt on the side.
If you try this recipe, do not forget to tag #thepalatetrails on Instagram and/or leave a comment below on this blog post 🙂
Thanks for stopping by lovelies!