Just a plateful of healthy fats for the not-so-competitive Warriors vs Clippers game last night. I had these divine ‘Avocado Egg Rolls’ 🥑 🥑 at BJ’s restaurant & Brewhouse a few weeks back and since then I’ve had this urge to make them at home. Although the restaurant served the deep fried version of these rolls, I made the baked version instead 😁😉 Also before I forget, ‘Happy Chinese New Year 2017’ – The Year of Rooster to all Chinese friends all over the world. Below is the recreated version of the recipe:
4 medium, ripe avocados, diced
Juice of half a lemon
Approximately 3 oz fat-free cream cheese, softened
2 tsp onion powder
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
Dash of Sriracha
2 tbsp white sesame seeds
Salt to taste
12 Nasoya egg roll wrappers
Butter cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and keep it aside. I followed the instructions written at the back of the Nasoya egg roll wrappers.
2. Place diced avocados in a medium bowl. Gently stir in lime juice and salt to taste.
3. In a separate bowl, stir in cream cheese, garlic, onion powder, cilantro, Sriracha, and salt until fully combined.
4. Lay an egg roll wrapper on a chopping board. Spread the cream cheese mixture at the center, avoiding the edges. Then, place 1-2 tablespoons of the avocado mixture over the cream cheese spread. Fold one point of the wrapper over the mixture and roll once. Fold in the two sides like a burrito to seal the sides. Use a bit of water to fold in and seal the tip. Place it on the baking sheet and repeat the step for the remaining wrappers and filling.
5. Spray the egg rolls lightly with cooking spray. Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top. Bake and turn the egg roll for 10 minutes each side until golden brown.
Serve with your preferred sauce ❤ ❤
If you try this recipe, do not forget to tag #thepalatetrails on Instagram and/or leave a comment below on this blog post 🙂
Thanks for stopping by lovelies!