It is Spring! It is Spring! It is Spring! Lol! I am repeating too much. Sorry for being MIA from the blog for so long. Travel, Project Management and so many other things taking a toll on my routine. This afternoon, while I was waiting for Lyft to drop me home I finally had a chance to write here. I made this Green Pilaf last week with all ingredients green. I put french beans, green bell pepper, green peas, spring onions, and tons of cilantro. As always I was so hungry when I was cooking this pilaf, I decided I’ll throw in some pan seared cottage cheese to compliment on the side. Here goes the recipe.
Ingredients: Serves 2
1 small finely chopped onions
1 small potato cut into small quarters
1 tsp black mustard seeds
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
2 tbsp frozen green peas
1/4 cup green peas
1/4 cup spring onions finely chopped
1 cup cottage cheese chunks
1 tsp + 1/4 tbsp clarified butter or ghee
1/2 cup basmati rice
1 cup water
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 green chili
1/2 tsp Kashmiri chili powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp Everest Kitchen King powder
Salt to taste
Fresh coriander for garnish
1. In a large deep pan heat the ghee on a medium heat and add the mustard seeds with chopped onions, spring onions, bell peppers, potatoes, and green peas
2. Stir fry it for 20 minutes and then add washed rice and water.
3. Add salt, chili powder, turmeric and kitchen king masala. Stir it thoroughly.
4. Put the heat up to medium and cook for 20 minutes with the lid. Do not stir it as it will break the rice.
5. Turn the heat off and let the pulao rest. Leave it to cool slightly for and stir it with the back of the spoon to avoid breaking the rice.
6. Serve with fresh coriander and greek yogurt on the side.
7. In a pan, put 1/4 tbsp ghee and add the cottage cheese chunks. Sprinkle some salt and kitchen king masala and sear it for 3-4 minutes on a medium flame
8. Serve it with green pilaf or like an appetizer
If you try this recipe, do not forget to tag #thepalatetrails on Instagram and/or leave a comment below on this blog post 🙂
Thanks for stopping by lovelies!