Mushroom pulao with shredded carrots and yogurt was our very comforting #saturdaylunch. I strongly believe that you can’t rush the process of pulao making. It needs all the focus, right ingredients, and that love 😍🎉 It just takes 30-minutes to get ready. Here goes the super simple recipe:
Ingredients: Serves 4
1 medium sized diced onions
2 cups chopped and washed cremini mushrooms
1/4 cup shredded carrots
1 tbsp clarified butter
1 and 1/2 cup basmati rice
3 cups water
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 green chili
2 tsp Kashmiri chili powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp Everest garam masala powder
Salt to taste
1. In a large deep pan heat the ghee on a medium heat and add cumin seeds, green chilies with chopped onions, and carrots
2. Stir fry it for 20 minutes and then add washed rice and water.
3. Add salt, chili powder, turmeric and garam masala. Stir it thoroughly.
4. Put the heat up to medium and cook for approximately 20 minutes with the lid on. Do not stir it as it will break the rice.
5. Turn the heat off and let the pulao rest. Leave it to cool slightly for and stir it with the back of the spoon to avoid breaking the rice.
6. Serve with fresh coriander and greek yogurt on the side.
If you try this recipe, do not forget to tag #thepalatetrails on Instagram and/or leave a comment below on this blog post 🙂
Thanks for stopping by lovelies!