It’s not the average meal kinda day 🙃 Staying at home and working for home made me experiment with the usual kind of entrees. I made this ‘Makhani Paneer Bhurji’ for heart, mind, soul – you name it I got it 😅 30 minutes and you got yourself a lip smacking meal. Interested? Check out the recipe below –
3 tbsps melted ghee
1/2 tsp jeera (cumin seeds)
1 tsp shahi jeera (caraway seeds)
1 medium sized peeled onion
½ tsp ginger-garlic paste
2 green chillies
2 tsps kashmiri red chilli powder
2 vine red tomatoes
¼ tsp turmeric
½ tsp garam masala powder
2 cups crumbed paneer / Indian cottage cheese
1 tsp kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves – I used the brand called ‘Everest’)
2-3 tbsps coriander leaves, finely chopped
½ cup full fat heavy cream
Salt to taste
– First – In a blender dump onions, tomotoes, green chillies and blend into a fine paste. – Now, in a deep pan heat ghee and saute caraway and cumin seeds for 10-20 seconds.
– Add add paste from blender, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric, chilli powder, garam masala and salt. Stir until combined. – Cover the lid and let is simmer on medium flame for 15 minutes.
– Once the mix starts leaving oil on the sides, add heavy cream, crumbled paneer, chopped coriander and mix gently.
– Cover the lid again and let the bhurji simmer for 7-8 minutes on a low flame. Paneer tends to get hard and chewy if overcooked. So please do not overcook. – Turn of the flame and top the bhurji with some crushed kasuri methi and some more fresh coriander leaves.
– Keep the lid on for 2-3 more minuted. – Finally, serve makhani paneer bhurji hot with naan, pav, bread slice, tandoori roti, parathas or a unique beetroot thepla like I did 💥
If you try this recipe, do not forget to tag #thepalatetrails on Instagram and/or leave a comment below on this blog post 🙂
Thanks for stopping by lovelies!