Last Friday – It was no veggies in the fridge kinda day! All I had was Soft Tacos, Paneer, Mangoes and Bell Peppers. So I put my innovative hat on and decided to make Paneer Tikka Tacos over lunch 🥙 🍴 Marinated the paneer, onions and bell pepper mix in yogurt and sautéed in a pan until the raw smell of yogurt went away. Warmed up the tacos on the griddle and started assembling. Lunch was ready in 30 minutes (excludes the time to chop onions, bell peppers, and whip up mango pico de gallo). They were light, airy and we finished in minutes. Give it a try! You’ll love this fusion version of tacos. Have a nice rest of the week! #stayhome .
INGREDIENTS (makes 6-8 tacos) –
- 1 cup greek yogurt, thick
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 cup cubed paneer/Indian cottage cheese
- 1 medium sized peeled onion chopped in cubes
- 1 medium sized green bell pepper chopped in cubes
- ½ tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tsps kashmiri red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
FOR PANEER TIKKA:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2-3 tbsps coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 6-8 mini/medium white or corn soft taco tortillas
- Any shredded cheese
- Lemon/lime wedges
- 1 cup sour cream
FOR MANGO PICO DE GALLO:
- 1 cup medium sized red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium mango, remove the seed and finely chop it
- 2 tbsps lime juice
- Salt to taste
- 2 medium sized Roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps fresh coriander , finely chopped
PANEER TIKKA MARINATION:
In a large bowl – whisk the yogurt with lemon juice, chaat masala and rest of the spices
Now add paneer cubes, bell peppers and onions. Use your clean hands to mix gentlly until everything is combined.
- Keep this aside.
PANEER TIKKA PREPARATION:
In a pan heat oil on a low-medium flame. Now, sauté some jeera.
Dump the marinated in the oil and sauté until you get rid of the yogurt smell.
As soon as the smell is gone, turn off the flame add some salt to taste and cilantro. Mix gently and keep the tikka aside.
MANGO PICO DE GALLO PREPARATION:
- Assemble all the ingredients for Pico de Gallo in a bowl and keep it aside
Warm the soft taco tortillas on the medium hot griddle (or according to their package directions).
Lay the soft taco flat, spread the taco with 1.5 heaping tbsps of paneer tikka. Top with: mango pico de gallo, shredded cheese, sour cream and fresh coriander.
- Serve immediately with some more Mango Pico de Gallo on the side.
If you try this recipe, do not forget to tag #thepalatetrails on Instagram and/or leave a comment below on this blog post 🙂
Thanks for stopping by lovelies!