Few months ago while road tripping – we stopped at Lucky Supermarkets and picked up some fudge and let me tell ya – IT WAS FULL OF SHIT. I was determined to make the healthy version. So here it is – its #glutenfree, #refinedsugarfree, #vegan and #paleofriendly. Sharing the recipe below.
- 1 cup partially melted coconut oil
- 1 cup clean peanut butter (no chemicals/sugar)
- 1 cup sifted 100% Hershey’s cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 cup almond powder
- 1/2 cup or less maple syrup (tweak per your sweetness level)
For marble design on top –
- 4 tbsps peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Keep the bread loaf pan ready and lined with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, add coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, cocoa powder, cardamom powder and almond powder. Stir slowly to combine. Keep it aside.
- In another bowl – add 4 tbsps peanut butter and 1 tbsps coconut oil – warm them together in microwave for 15-20 seconds.
- Now – add the chocolate batter in the bread load pan. Add dollops of peanut butter- coconut oil mix on top of the chocolate batter a little apart from each other.
- Use back of the spoon to create an abstract design.
- Freeze them for 1.5 – 2 hours, chop in squares/small cubes and fall in 🧡🧡 with the fudge.
Bon Appetit ma chère – Happy Friday 🎉
If you try this recipe, do not forget to tag #thepalatetrails on Instagram and/or leave a comment below on this blog post. Thanks for stopping by lovelies!