INGREDIENTS (serves approx. 8 people)
- 2 tbsps ghee
- 1 half red onion (or use 1 and half if you have small ones), washed, peeled and chopped in chunks
- 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 4-5 cups sliced white button mushrooms
- 1 lbs
- 1 tsp Kitchen King Masala
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp caraway seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 cardamom pods
- 2 thai chillies
- 2 tomatoes – pureed
- 1 cup heavy cream, full fat
- 1 lbs paneer, cut in cubes
- 1 tbsp crushed kasuri methi dried fenugreek leaves (I use Everest brand – you’ll find it in any Indian store)
- 1/8 cup fresh chopped cilantro for garnish
- 1 bunch of fresh fenugreek leaves or 2 blocks of frozen fenugreek leaves
- In a pressure cooker, heat ghee and add caraway seeds, cumin seeds, cardamom, bay leaf and frozen fenugreek leaves. Cook on medium flame sautéing every 30 seconds until the frozen fenugreek leaves melt.
- In a blender, add the onions, tomatoes and Thai green chillies. Puree until it’s smooth. Add it to the pressure cooker – over the fenugreek mix.
- Sauté onion-tomato mix with fenugreek leaves mix for 1-2 minutes while on medium flame.
- Next, add the sliced mushrooms and mix carefully yet thoroughly. Now’s the time to add – ginger-garlic paste, kitchen king masala, turmeric, chili powder and salt.
- Close the pressure cooker lid and pressure cook on medium flame for ‘1’ whistle exactly. Turn off the flame and let the pressure release by itself for the cooker.
- Open the lid and add crushed kasoori methi, paneer, and heavy cream. Let it cook on medium flame until the curry bubbles. Turn off the flame.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with jeera rice and/or naan.
- Bon Appetit loves 🧡🧡
If you try this recipe, do not forget to tag #thepalatetrails on Instagram and/or leave a comment below on this blog post. Thanks for stopping by lovelies!