Middle Eastern cuisine has to be my next fave cuisine after Indian. Hummus, good! Bread, good! Olive Oil, Gooooooooood! 🙈 Don’t really remember where I ate manakeesh for the first time but the flavors stuck w/ me. I decided to make an instant version with Stonefire Mini Naan, store bought Palestinian Zaatar mix and CA Olive Ranch Olive Oil. Takes about 10 minutes and a perfect snack for a busy busy workday.
INGREDIENTS – (serves 1-2)
- 1.5 tbsps Zaatar per naan
- 2-3 tbsps olive oil per naan
- 3 mini naan
- We will make one manakeesh at a time – Heat the griddle on medium heat with oil. Add Zaatar and stir the spice in the oil thoroughly.
- Now lay the naan on top of spice/oil mix and let the naan go soft and warm. The spice mix will stick to the naan and it’ll toast at the right places.
- Flip the naan carefully so there is no spice leftover and slightly warm it up on other side. Remove from griddle and repeat same process for other 2 naan.
- Serve warm with some Tzatziki drizzled w/ olive oil & sumac or your favorite soft cheese – my fave is goat cheese w/ truffle.
- Bon Appetit loves 🎉
If you try this recipe, do not forget to tag #thepalatetrails on Instagram and/or leave a comment below on this blog post. Thanks for stopping by lovelies!