My new go-to tofu recipe. Takes under 30 minutes (including prep & cooking time) and perfect for laid back or hectic weekdays. Sharing the step-by-step version below. PLUS I also made a reel video recording how I make it. Link here.
- 1 box of firm tofu, remove excess water using a kitchen towel
- 2 tbsps corn flour
- 1 tbsp red chili flakes (I used leftover chili flakes from pizza takeout)
- 2-3 tbsps sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 3-4 tbsps sesame (I added more as I am a sesame seed junkie 😅)
- 1-2 tbsp spring onions or scallions (cleaned & chopped)
- Cut the tofu in long slices (1 box yields approx. 10-11 slices)
- Take a clean, dry plate and put corn flour, salt, sesame seeds and chili flakes and mix well with a spoon
- Pick up a tofu slice , dunk in the mix so sesame seeds get coated on all sides.
- Repeat for rest 9-10 slices
- Now heat a non stick pan with sesame oil. Lay tofu slices (5 or less based on your pan width. DO NOT CROWD them as you’ll end up breaking tofu)
- Cook on both slides until the sesame seeds turn golden. (How much golden? Watch the video. Linked here )
- Serve with some ramen or Maggi noodles. Garnish with scallions!
- Bon Appetit 🎉
If you try this recipe, do not forget to tag #thepalatetrails on Instagram and/or leave a comment below on this blog post. Thanks for stopping by lovelies!