Jam for my man 😆😆. I seriously have some generous group of neighbors. As the mighty fig season is upon us few of our neighbors shared their fig harvest with us. I decided to make fig jam with this sweetest variety. Touch of cardamom and further sweetened with jaggery powder – gives this jam a unique taste. Sharing the recipe below. I love fig jam with crackers and goat cheese. How do you like yours? let me know in comments 🙋🏻♀️😊
- 2 lbs fresh, ripe organic figs
- 1/2 cup jaggery powder
- juice of half lemon
- 1 tbsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup water
- Warm figs, cardamom, lemon juice in a deep pan on medium heat.
- Stir it frequently until the figs are juicy.
- Turn the heat to low, add 1/4 cup jaggery at a time and stir. Let it dissolve. Then add remaining jaggery & water and simmer for 20-30 minutes stirring occasionally until the figs are soft and the jam begins to thicken.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool down completely. When it comes to room temperature scoop it in the mason jars.
- Close the lids and store the jam in fridge. It stays good for about 15-20 days.
- Serve w/ crackers, and goat cheese 🧀
- Bon Appetit!
If you try this recipe, do not forget to tag #thepalatetrails on Instagram and/or leave a comment below on this blog post. Thanks for stopping by lovelies!