With changing seasons – I sometime get sore throat. One thing that’s super comforting and cozy during those days is this Red Pepper Coconut Macaroni soup. Love the feeling of warmth this soup brings ☺️🥰 I also made a reel video with step by step. It’s linked here.
INGREDIENTS (serves 5-6)
- 200 gms pasta (macaroni or any hollow tube pasta works)
- 3 large organic red peppers, washed, de-seeded and cut in chunks
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and cut in chunks
- 1 can full fat organic unsweetened coconut milk
- 4-5 thai green chillies, optional
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp + 3 tbsp good quality olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅛ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Ice cubes, optional
- Preheat the oven at 395F and line the baking tray with parchment paper
- Add – onions, garlic, chillies, red pepper chunks, garlic on the tray. Drizzle some oil and sprinkle ½ tsp salt. Bake in oven for 20 minutes
- Boil the pasta per the instructions on the package. Set aside once done plus ½ cup pasta water
- In a blender jar, add the red-pepper – onion mix and make a fine paste (only add ice if you are in a hurry – I don’t like to blend warm or hot things in plastic jars)
- Heat a deep pan with 3 tbsps olive oil on a medium – high flame. Add all the red-pepper & onion paste. Let it bubble – add pasta, pasta water and a can of coconut milk. Bring it to a boil – takes about 3-4 minutes.
- Add cilantro. Turn off the flame and cover the lid for 4-5 minutes and let it sit.
- Serve warm with garlic bread to buttered toast.
- Bon Appetit 🎉
If you try this recipe, do not forget to tag #thepalatetrails on Instagram and/or leave a comment below on this blog post. Thanks for stopping by lovelies!