I saw this on @thebakefeed IG prior to Boxing Day and I knew that I instantly had to make these. The original recipe on the bake feed site may have authentic ingredients for the pudding but I did a few tweaks that maddest even more *insert chef’s kiss* 😘
Few tweaks I did –
- used a kitchen aid standing mixer instead of blender
- used 1/4 cup cream cheese instead of cheese mentioned in the recipe
- only used 4 tbsps melted butter in the batter
- used two green chillies finely minced with chives
Ingredients (serves 6 people and makes 12 popovers/puddings)
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tbsps melted butter
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 2 finely minced green chillies
- 3 tbsps chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Heat the empty muffin pan for 5 minutes.
- In the stand mixer – dump eggs, milk, eggs, butter, flour, cheese, chillies, chives and salt; process just until smooth. It’ll take about 3-4 minutes.
- Once the batter is ready, remove the muffin pan from oven and add 1/4 tsp butter in all the cups.
- Spoon the batter while the muffin tin is hot working swiftly.
- Bake until it puffs up and/or golden brown, 15 minutes. Garnish with more chives. Serve warm slathered with cream cheese all over.
- They refrigerate well too; Just microwave for 1 minute and you are good to go.
- Bon Appetit 🎉
Note – This is not my recipe – It is just adapted from the Bake Feed website. I only published it because I wanted to highlight what worked for me and how my twist to the recipe added a glam to it 😅