Growing up any rose drinks during spring/summers was my mom’s go to. She’d make mocktails/sherbets at home with rose during summers coz its cooling for the body in the excessive heat. I decided to incorporate the love I have for roses in my fave fave drink LATTE IFKYK 😅🙈 Sharing step by steps below.
INGREDIENTS: (serves 1)
- 175ml-200ml cold organic regular whole milk (you can also use any plant milk or other milk of your choice. I haven’t tested the recipe except with regular whole milk)
- 1 tbsp dried rose petals or 1 tsp rose petal powder; this one is my fave
- 30 ml freshly brewed espresso (I have Breville coffee machine at home that I use to brew. I typically do ‘double shot’ and medium-dark roast)
- Ice cubes – optional
- Vanilla extract – optional
- Sugar syrup – optional
- Grind the rose petals in a food chopper. The finer the texture the better. I didn’t have any rose petals powder at hand when I tested the recipe. (Skip this step if you are using rose petals powder)
- In the same blender jar – add milk (add vanilla extract & sugar syrup along with milk – This is completely optional). Blend until it is frothy. It takes about 20-30 seconds in Nutribullet.
- Lets assemble –
- In a glass – add ice cubes
- Pour rose milk
- Pour expresso
- Use a straw or spoon to stir
- Dust dry rose petals or rose petals powder on top.
- Serve cold w/ your preferred snacks
Bon Appetit 🎉🎉
If you try this recipe, do not forget to tag #thepalatetrails on Instagram and/or leave a comment below on this blog post. Thanks for stopping by lovelies!