INGREDIENTS: (makes 2 sandwiches)
(If you’d like to see the recipe video – it is linked here)
- 1/2 peeled red onion
- 2 cups of white button mushrooms
- 2 tbsps fresh chopped cilantro
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsps of oil
- 2 tbsps of Irish Butter
- 4 slices of Boudin/any other Sourdough Bread
- 1 tsp Everest Kitchen King Masala (You’ll find it in any Indian Grocery Store)
- Freshly block of Mozzarella cheese pre-sliced (I brought it from Costco)
- Mince the onions in a food chopper (I use Kitchen Aid).
- Heat the pan with oil on a medium flame. Add all the onions and let them cook. Stir occasionally.
- While the onions cook, clean the mushrooms and mince them in the same food chopper
- Add them with onions. Mix well. Add Salt, Cilantro and Kitchen King Masala. Mix completely and let all the water evaporate. Takes about 5-10 minutes.
- Heat the griddle, add 1/2 tbsp of butter, toast the sourdough on one side and spread the mushroom mix on another side. Top it off with 2-3 cheese slices. Lay another slice of bread and put 1/2 tbsp of butter on top. Flip the sandwich and let it cook until its golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot with ketchup or a dip of your choice.
- Bon Appetit 🎉
If you try this recipe, do not forget to tag #thepalatetrails on Instagram and/or leave a comment below on this blog post. Thanks for stopping by lovelies!