This mocktail is my new go-to for winters. As we know cranberries and gooseberries (aka Amla) is in season, I thought why not up my intake in several ways as they tend to be sour or astringent in taste. Add Tequila and this will be your new sour cocktail. Sharing ingredients below –
Ingredients – (makes mocktail for 6-8 people)
- 80 gms (a little more than 1/2 cup) frozen gooseberries alma
- 80 gms frozen cranberries
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp black salt
- 2 tbsps Himalayan pink salt
- Zest of any citrus fruit – I used lemon and orange zest
- Orange slices and cranberries for garnishing
- Lemon juice
- Sparking water
- Cranberry – Amla Pureé
- In a pan, put amla, cranberries, water. Let them cook for 10-12 minutes or until the berries are soft.
- Turn off flame add ginger powder and stir.
- Let it cool down completely before blending. Takes about 1 hour or so. If you are in a hurry , after 30 minutes add 1 cup of ice.
- Puree the mix with black salt. Now keep it aside.
- In a plate – combine pink salt and citrus zest
- Time to assemble –
- Line the rim of the glass with some lemon juice
- Then dunk the rim of the glass in salt and citrus zest mix
- Pour ice, cranberry – amla pureé, lemon juice, sparking water.
- Garnish with orange slices and cranberries.
- Serve immediately or before the drink turns flat.
- Bon Appetit 🎉
If you try this recipe, do not forget to tag #thepalatetrails on Instagram and/or leave a comment below on this blog post. Thanks for stopping by lovelies!