Copycat Trader Joe’s Thumbprint Cookies ❣️ Paleo, Healthy and Minimal ingredients 👊☕️ We got the similar ones from @traderjoes last time and my god – sooo many weird ingredients 😞 We love these bite sized cookies on the go or for weekday snacks. So I decided to create the healthy paleo & gluten free version with minimal + cleanest ingredients. Recipe video linked here.
🍫 Chocolate or any berry Jam for topping. I used chocolate in my recipe.
INGREDIENTS – (makes about 14 bite sized cookies)
- 1 cup almond flour (I buy from Costco)
- 2-3 tbsps coconut oil (soft, at room temperature)
- dash of vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup organic maple syrup
- a pinch of cardamom powder
- a pinch of sea salt
- 70% dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven at 325F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix it thoroughly with hand (make sure your hand is clean or else use a silicone spatula)
- Use a kitchen weight to and scoop approx 20 gm dough or use a 1 tbsps scooper or best use your judgement 😅
- Roll into balls, and use your thumb to press an indentation into each cookie ball
- Bake for 12 minutes. Then top off each cookie with 3-4 chocolate chips (if you are use a fruit jam now is the time to add 1/4 – 1/2 tbsp of jam) and bake for another 3 minutes.
- Spread the chocolate with back of the spoon and then freeze for 15mins for chocolate to harden.
- Serve as is or with coffee ☕️
- Bon Appetit 🎉🎉
If you try this recipe, do not forget to tag #thepalatetrails on Instagram and/or leave a comment below on this blog post. Thanks for stopping by lovelies!